Even people who personal or lease their very own autos and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can often profit from ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.
In the event you rely your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward if you use one in all these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default cost methodology. The playing cards close to the highest of the checklist deal with Uber followers higher, however in addition they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards applications and value-added perks. So take a while to assessment all of your choices.
Greatest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For greatest outcomes, select your most well-liked Uber card from this checklist and designate it as your default Uber cost methodology.
In the event you personal a small enterprise or earn enough earnings as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most well-liked enterprise card as your default cost methodology for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not mentioned journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
1. Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
$300 Annual Credit score In opposition to Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is the very best bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy purpose: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and ideas as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
In the event you make no different journey purchases along with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their complete journey credit score on ridesharing fares. However it’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% charge of return if you redeem for journey bookings via the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend at the least $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s value as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, accommodations, and different journey purchases via the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are categorized as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn a limiteless 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings via the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again by way of checking account deposits and assertion credit, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are value $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $550, and there’s a $75 licensed consumer payment per further consumer, per 12 months. There is no such thing as a international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a few dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Take pleasure in complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Move lounges worldwide. Earn useful perks at high-end accommodations and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when obtainable
See our Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card assessment for extra data. Learn how to use for this card right here.
2. The Platinum Card® from American Categorical
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per 12 months ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Categorical appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) in opposition to Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 monthly for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll need to have a backup Uber cost methodology for those who plan to spend considerably greater than $15 monthly on ridesharing.
- Welcome Supply: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most well-liked steel Card design: basic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked straight with airways or via American Categorical Journey and pay as you go accommodations booked via American Categorical Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, reward playing cards, money again, common merchandise, and particular experiences supplied by Amex companions. Redemption minimums typically begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are often value $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions provide the very best worth.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $695. There’s no licensed consumer payment or international transaction payment. See rates & fees for extra data.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline payment credit score that’s good in opposition to purchases with the airline of your alternative. Different advantages embody complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at among the world’s most luxurious accommodations, and computerized Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
See our Platinum Card® from American Categorical assessment for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
3. Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes charge on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That mentioned, until you’ve gotten quite a lot of globe-trotting staff, you’re most likely not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber prices every year in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned via Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most well-liked card are value $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions might earn a good larger return, relying on the redemption methodology.
- Signal-Up Bonus: If you spend at the least $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is value $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or common merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), transport, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn a limiteless 1 level per $1 spent on every thing else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are value $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There is no such thing as a international transaction payment or payment for added licensed customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a few dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, probably magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Take pleasure in journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card assessment for extra data. Learn how to use for this card right here.
4. Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most well-liked isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and gives a pleasant worth increase on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions might earn a good larger return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, value as much as $750 on journey bought via Final Rewards, if you spend at the least $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the simplest ways to redeem is for journey bookings made via the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This feature values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embody reward playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There’s no payment for added licensed customers and no international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to taking part journey companions (a few dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
See our Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card assessment for extra data. Learn how to use for this card right here.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a unique kind of bank card, and it’s value studying our full assessment (linked beneath) for extra on precisely what which means. If you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, routinely redeemed to your account each day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s at the moment no sign-up bonus. Examine the issuer’s web site for the most recent bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or companies on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made via the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is routinely redeemed to your account on daily basis.
- Key Charges: There is no such thing as a annual payment or international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not frequent within the bank card world.
See our Apple Card assessment for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
6. Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is likely one of the hottest journey rewards bank cards in the marketplace. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, on daily basis, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% charge of return on Uber spending if you redeem factors for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is value $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at accommodations.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the simplest ways to redeem is for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases at a per-point charge of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embody reward playing cards, common assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual payment is waived throughout the first 12 months. There is no such thing as a international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Take pleasure in $100 off your International Entry or TSA PreCheck utility payment, plus a number of procuring and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automobile rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card assessment for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards
The perfect bank cards for Uber rides additionally are usually the very best bank cards for different sorts of journey purchases. However every card on this checklist has some vital options and capabilities in frequent. These are a very powerful ones we thought-about when placing it collectively.
Reward Charge for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards applications deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for those who reward them above and past most different sorts of purchases.
Reward Charge on Complementary Purchases
We additionally have a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases generally. A very powerful complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and common journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing companies once they’re out in town or touring removed from dwelling.
New Cardmember Bonus
A lot of the playing cards on this checklist provide enticing bonuses for brand spanking new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as the very best Uber bank cards (and the very best journey bank cards generally) are usually beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual payment, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place potential, we favor playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
The perfect Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few provide direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward charge, however those who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card gives for vacationers, the upper it’s more likely to be on this checklist.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
In the event you’re nonetheless uncertain about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we have now solutions to some frequent questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nevertheless, generally, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or wonderful credit score, together with many playing cards on this checklist. If in case you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is way beneath 700, you’ll have bother qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, the very best Uber bank cards have annual charges, generally in extra of $250. The perfect Uber bank card with out an annual payment is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Firms Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares nearly all the time qualify as common journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, verify the fantastic print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as common journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, sometimes qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure cost methodology, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Shopper Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber shopper bank card is now not obtainable. Whereas that is little question disappointing to Uber followers, this checklist exhibits simply what number of alternate options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And for those who drive for Uber, you may benefit from the newer Uber Pro Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that gives rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas the very best all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Categorical isn’t a foul alternative both for those who can hold your Uber spending at or close to $15 monthly.
In the event you spend greater than $200 to $300 monthly on Uber rides, there’s no purpose to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber fans can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending via these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in apply, Uber spending gained’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ complete journey credit score allowance.